This does NOT work for me on the Mac.
I'd downvote, but rep is too low on this SE property. Suzy Suzy 11 1 1 bronze badge. All was wrong. Doesn't work for me. Jared Jared I tried this in Excel for Mac , and it works.
In-cell carriage returns | Wizard of Excel
The fn causes the option key to become the alt key. Martin Erb Martin Erb 9. FN does not cause option to become alt — option and alt is the same thing. You do need the FN key. Nika Mamulashvili Nika Mamulashvili These don't add a line break in a call, they switch to edit mode in the cell, allowing to type text in the cell.
- Thank you for your feedback!.
- set up network sharing on mac.
- edwardian script itc mac free download;
- Subscribe to RSS.
The Overflow Newsletter 3 — The 36 pieces of code that changed history. Featured on Meta. Feedback post: Moderator review and reinstatement processes.
How do I insert a new line in Mac Excel cells?
Post for clarifications on the updated pronouns FAQ. Separate Linux tag from Unix. Linked 2. Related 2.
Excel Formula Training
Hot Network Questions. Related videos The videos below demonstrate this shortcut.
Shortcuts for editing cells. In this lesson, we review shortcuts you can use to edit cells more efficiently. How to make a nested IF formula easier to read.
- cmake install command line mac!
- mac doesnt boot white screen.
- show folder in sidebar mac.
- mac baren bulk 7seas red!
- Inserting hard returns in a cell.
- Spreadsheet: Insert line break - Docs Editors Help.
- how to check what is on your hard drive mac?
By their nature, nested IF formulas are hard to read. In this video, we show you how to easily make a nested IF formula more readable, by adding line breaks.